9ias release 2 not recommended

From: sg <s4v4g3_at_europe.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 21:10:48 +0200

Hi

I have recently made 6 9ias release 2 installation in last couple of weeks and the result is disappointing. The support on this product is poor not saying none and the product is buggy and any modification to a single component forces you to modify almost everything! That means DOWNTIME. I feel that Oracle wants to integrate it so much that make it a mess, since all components are related then move a string everything falls! Also everything is embedded in java classes make almost impossible to diagnostic where has gone wrong.

Suggestion: dont use iAS if you can, avoid it in production because there virtually no support. Just an example a opened Tar for 2 weeks and 3 days got useless response and finally what we get is you hit the bug, reinstall is your only choice! Oh the bug is you cannot modify hostname/ip (what the heck!) after installation because they get hard-coded during installation.... (and there are 3 or 4 more bugs we hit)

I dont understand why after so much delay Oracle still comes out with such buggy product Received on Fri Jul 05 2002 - 14:10:48 CDT