a bug when refreshing a snapshot at 8i while the base table at a remote db 9.2.0?

From: Guoliang Lu <lgliang_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2002 06:52:22 -0700

I have two database at suse linux platform. one is 9.2.0, the other is 8.1.7. I created a table named DEPT at 9.2.0, and then I created a snapshot MV_DEPT at 8.1.7 which was based on remote table DEPT at 9.2.0. After I made some modification on DEPT at 9.2.0, and refreshed MV_DEPT at 8.1.7, yeah, it is ok, I could see the correct result at 8.1.7, but the snapshot log on DEPT at 9.2.0 couldn't be purged. By the way, there was no other snapshot base on DEPT except his one.

At 9.2.0 box:

connect rudolf/hello
create table dept nologging as select * from scott.dept
/

alter table dept
  add constraint dept_pk
  primary key (deptno)
/

create materialized view log on dept
  with primary key
  excluding new values
/

At 8.1.7 box:

connect rudolf/hello
create database link test920.world
  connect to rudolf identified by hello
  using 'test920.world'
/

create materialized view mv_dept
build immediate
refresh fast
on demand
as select * from dept_at_test920.world
/

Then, I modified the dept at 9.2.0:

insert into dept
  values (50,'Developing','Shanghai')
/

delte from dept where rownum < 2
/

Now there is 2 rows in mlog$_dept, I switched to 8.1.7:

exec dbms_mview.refresh('MV_DEPT')

it successed. the MV_DEPT was refreshed correctly. So I checked DEPT snapshot log mlog$_dept at 9.2.0 again. But the 2 records was still there!!!! I was really confused. Is it a bug? Anyone met the same problem?

thanks in advance. Received on Fri Jul 05 2002 - 08:52:22 CDT