how determine unused space for indexes

From: Mikael Kruse <mikael.kruse_at_ehs.ericsson.se>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 14:41:54 +0200

Hi,

I'm suspecting that a database that I use for test could be created with a lot smaller extents than current settings. To investigate this, I want to find out how much of the space allocated for my indexes (many indexes) that's really used. I don't know if there's a High Water Mark for index segments as there is for table segments, but if there is, I want to know how much of the space allocated that's below/above High Water Mark. Can anyone help me with this? I need a method that can be applied on many indexes, since I can't go through them one by one, there are far too many...

Oracle version 8.0.5

Thankful for assistance
/Mikael Received on Fri Jul 05 2002 - 07:41:54 CDT