Re: Restrictions in the OTN downloadable version of 9i?

From: <peter.peltonen_at_iki.fi>
Date: 4 Jul 2002 18:56:40 GMT

Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:
> 1. that it is possible that some swapping is going on . If you can try
> reducing the large and java pools (say to 56m each). Swapping the sga out to
> disk will kill performance.

I am pretty sure it isn't. But I'll have to check it of course.

> 2. That you have sqlnet set to use NT authentication in the sqlnet.ora on
> the client app.

What do you mean by "the cliant app"? I'm a newbie and don't know what you mean by the term sqlnet and what is NT authentication (authentication against our NT PDC?).

> The other 'obvious' thing to check is that the tables are analyzed and the
> db is running in CBO mode.

I'll have to check that (I don't know what is CBO mode :)

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Peter Received on Thu Jul 04 2002 - 13:56:40 CDT