Re: Session does not terminate when a connection drops while running PLSQL.

From: Jon Waterhouse <jonwaterhouse_at_gov.nf.ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 15:35:04 -0230

A couple of weeks ago (running Oracle 9i on NT) I killed a session which was about 20 seconds into a procedure that I realised had errors. That was about noon. I left it running overnight because the session still hadn't cleaned up and left. The next morning it was still there, so I shut down and restarted. Oracle had basically been using 100% of the computer's resources for the whole time. I don't know what it was up to, but whatever it was it wasn't making much progress at it....