ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS definition

From: Hrishikesh Mehendale <hrishikesh_mehendale_at_persistent.co.in>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 17:57:02 +0530

Hi,

I'm having a weird (?) problem, as follows:

In my init<sid>.ora file, I have specified the following lines:

ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS = RBS1
ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS = RBS2 When I shutdown/startup the database, both (RBS1, RBS2) come online.

However, if the lines are changed to either of

rollback_segments = RBS1
ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS = RBS2

ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS = RBS1
rollback_segments = RBS2

only the second segment (RBS2) comes online (case sensitive ??)

However, doing this:

rollback_segments = RBS1
rollback_segments = RBS2

brings both segments online.

I'm facing this problem on Oracle 8.1.7 EE for Solaris (8.1.7.1.0) and for Linux (8.1.7.0.1).

Any ideas on (a) what I'm doing wrong (b) how to solve this? My problem is I have to add extra rollback segment(s) to a possibly existing declaration in the init<sid>.ora file through a script.

Thanks
Hrishikesh

--
Hrishikesh Mehendale