raw devices redhat 7.1

From: Marcin Jakubowski <user_at_debian.pl>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 11:56:31 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all

I have redhat 7.1 and oracle 8.1.7. I have tablespaces over 2 GB in few files on starndard linux ext filesystem. I woud like switch to rawdevices, and I have questions.

  1. What patch for linux kernel I need, I use 2.4.18 linux kernel with some security and acl patches. What raw-io patch i need.
  2. How I should buidl this raw io

/dev/raw/raw1 -> /dev/sdc1

and there is a limit for raw io size like in standard filesystems ?

3. How to make backup of raw-io datablocks ? using dd and off=/some/file ?

Marcin Received on Thu Jul 04 2002 - 06:56:31 CDT