Re: 1031, insufficent priv error & dbms_session.set_context line 58

From: dnh <nigel.hurst_at_food.ds-s.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 10:13:08 GMT

On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 19:57:58 +0200, Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>This is sooooooooooooo......... boring

Too right! this is boring.

>If people would search the archives that would reduce the traffic in
>this group with 80 percent, and the small bunch of people responding
>here wouldn't have to waste their time to repeat the same answer over
>and over again.

Now that's very very boring.

>Without being able to post an exact answer (evidently specifying your
>version was asked just too much): you have privilege through a *role*
>as roles are volatile they are *ignored* during compilation of stored
>procedures.
>Either a) create your procedure with authid current_user (8.1 and
>higher), or b) grant the alter session privilege directly (8.0 and
>before)

Yes I knew all that!

Having a bad day?

bye 4 now

   nigel

ps
I got the exact answer I was looking for off a metalink forum yesterday - apparently there was enough information in the original if you knew the answer. (The context hadn't been set up in the new database!)

Take out food to reply to nigel.hurst_at_food.ds-s.com