Re: using oracle enterprise manager console

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 13:59:17 +1000

Hi Lao,

I haven't got many error messages to go on here so I'm stabbing in the dark but am I right in assuming this is all new and it's never been going before. Therefore could I be right in assuming maybe the OEM repository has never been setup. In which case the OMS is going to struggle to get started.

I'm not sure which version of OEM you've got but you'll need to use the OEM Configuration Assistant to create the repository (where OEM stores all its details and which the OMS communicates with) before you can start the OMS.

If you're using 9i, which I suspect your not, you can start the Console in stand alone mode and not worry about an OMS (although you lose some features).

If I'm way off track, provide more details such as specific error messages, version, etc.

With regard to not being able to run Oracle on a Pentium 4, not too loud please else my database will hear and flop on it's back.

Regards

Richard