Re: Table reference works in anonymous procedure, not in named procedure

From: srh <srh_at_netscape.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 21:00:02 GMT

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:iaf6ius12ngovejdbnvd31v7m2el7a838j_at_4ax.com...
> On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 16:11:52 GMT, "srh" <srh_at_netscape.com> wrote:

> >> Please search the archives. This is a FAQ (asked and answered at least
> >once a week)
> >>
> >> Hth
> >>
> >> Sybrand bakker
> >> Senior Oracle DBA
> >
> >I appreeciate the advice but I had already searched the archive and not
> >found a reference. Granted, something probably was there somewhere, but
> >did not find it in my search.
> >
> >In the future if you wish to educate then you might include the search
> >criteria you used to locate this weekly question. Otherwise you sound
quite
> >condescending and unhelpful.
> >
> >The two previous responses were most helpful, although I would have been
> >happy to receive just a direction to direct my research. 'Search the
> >archives' is more a scold (unwarranted) and not a direction.
> >
> >Steve
> >
> Apparently searching on the error message is beyond your imagination.
> OK with me. I do not expect to be flamed as a reward for your lack of
> imagination though.
>
> Regards
>

> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Apparently assisting instead of scolding is beyond your imagination. Again, 'search the archives' is of absolutely no help, akin to 'figure it out'. I'm sorry that your skin is so thin that pointing this out is considered a flame by you.

If you want to help in situations like this (which is much appreciated) then please help. Give the search criteria you used, or some other pointer. Don't just assume someone is being lazy. Imagine back to the day when Oracle wasn't 2nd nature to you.

Steve Received on Wed Jul 03 2002 - 16:00:02 CDT