Re: Restrictions in the OTN downloadable version of 9i?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 20:16:17 +0100

<peter.peltonen_at_iki.fi> wrote in message news:afuttv$dnt$2_at_oravannahka.helsinki.fi...
> I forgot to mention:
>
> The resources on the linux machine seems to be quite free. The Oracle is
> eating about 5 % if the CPU. There is still over a hunderd megs free
> memory.
>
> The Win2k machine running now our db has less memory (only 384M) but is
> still performing a sooo much better than the linux machine.

Obviously win2k must be a better os than linux <runs off laughing hysterically>

Seriously if the app performs badly against only one database/machine especially if you can replicate the problems with the demo db then I'd be tempted to look at the initialisation parameters of the db on linux (and the kernel parms as well) and also the network connections between the machines.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA