Re: Mystery Symbols

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 19:53:13 +0200

On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 08:00:01 -0400, Bob Campbell <bc21_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Would anyone know the reason for the runtime message
>"Symbol sbtinit was reference from module [my executable]
>but no runtime definition was found."
>
>I get this with 42 other symbols, too, with names like kpuexe,
>naectc, and sbtopen, and sbtclose.
>
>The new version of Oracle that I am linking with (8.0.5) has some of
>these 43 names in libraries such as libclient.a but most of them are
>names that are close, not excaclty the same.
>
>Any workaround for this problem?
>
>Thanks.

And of course my crystall ball should tell me your platform, and no 2 Unixes are exactly alike!
That said, sbtinit, sbtclose and sbtopen are routines from the Media Management API coming with RMAN. On Solaris the libobk.so file is responsible for the interface with the Media Management software. kpu loosk like an Oracle routine though and it looks like you are linking with a version of OCI your client simply doesn't support. This group won't be able to resolve that as you fail to state which client you are using, and your 'new' version of Oracle has been desupported more than a year ago.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jul 03 2002 - 12:53:13 CDT