Re: switching to locally managed tablespaces

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 15:44:03 GMT

Yet more questions...

I've been playing with this import by dropping the main data tablespace and recreating it with various uniform extent sizes, on my last go around I created a 4 gig tablespace and it ended up 95% full with 3.7 gig of data, the prod database the export file came from has this same tablespace 3.3 gig with 2.7 gig of data. When I created the tablespace with extents set to auto allocation the data took up about the same space as in the prod db.

How much and what impact does the export file have on importing into a LMTS?

Should I be altering my export params beforehand? ie compress=x?

I am currently re importing the data with the tablespace set to uniform 1 meg extents, I'll see how that goes. Incidentally the largest table in this tablespace has a long raw column had high row chaining in 7.3.3 that I could not seem to "fix" by rebuilding the table with higher pctfree etc.., in an earlier test migration to 8i with DMTS the row chaining improved considerably with the same settings.