Re: Imp troubles

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:05:23 -0400

The imprt states that it could not create the listed tablespace on your machine.
An obvious reason is that the path /muddle/oracle/sts does not exist.

The other place to look for will be your parameter file. You have the option which
allows/forces tablespace creation turned on. You might want to post this parameter
file in this newsgroup (including all the command line parameters you are passing).
DESTROY=Y parameter will force overwriting tablespace datafile ... do you have this on?

Apart from this, the export was done by a different user .. so you might get a lot of other errors ..
If you are trying to import full database .. make sure the userid you are using to import has the
imp_full_database privilege.

For help on imp, type imp help=y

Anurag

"Luke Scharf" <luke_at_vt.edu> wrote in message news:afv2oe$810$1_at_solaris.cc.vt.edu...
> I ran imp from the command line with the same results as through the OEM.
>
> The dump file is about 250 mb and local, but the machine I'm using is a
> castoff UltraSparc 1. This is my "play machine" so that I can learn
> Oracle and do Bad Things to the database withouth jeapordizing our
> production system.
>
> To fully expose my level of expertise, I just discovered the IMPORT.LOG
> file... Analyizing this file is where I should have started. It looks
> like this:
> > Export file created by EXPORT:V08.01.07 via conventional path
> >
> > Warning: the objects were exported by GYPSY, not by you
> >
> > import done in US7ASCII character set and US7ASCII NCHAR character set
> > . importing SYSTEM's objects into SYSTEM
> > IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1119:
> > "CREATE TABLESPACE "GMTEMP_TS" DATAFILE
'/muddle/oracle/sts/gmtemp01.dbf' S"
> > "IZE 83886080 AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 2097152 MAXSIZE 83886080
DEFAULT S"
> > "TORAGE(INITIAL 65536 NEXT 65536 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645
PCTINCRE"
> > "ASE 0) ONLINE TEMPORARY "
> > IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1119 encountered
> > ORA-01119: error in creating database file
'/muddle/oracle/sts/gmtemp01.dbf'
> > ORA-27040: skgfrcre: create error, unable to create file
>
> I am running Oracle 8.1.7 on my test machine, so the versions should
> match. I already ran headlong into the 8.1.7->8.1.6 exp/imp gotcha...
:-)