Re: Imp troubles

From: Luke Scharf <luke_at_vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 10:45:32 -0400

I ran imp from the command line with the same results as through the OEM.

The dump file is about 250 mb and local, but the machine I'm using is a castoff UltraSparc 1. This is my "play machine" so that I can learn Oracle and do Bad Things to the database withouth jeapordizing our production system.

To fully expose my level of expertise, I just discovered the IMPORT.LOG file... Analyizing this file is where I should have started. It looks like this:
> Export file created by EXPORT:V08.01.07 via conventional path
>
> Warning: the objects were exported by GYPSY, not by you
>
> import done in US7ASCII character set and US7ASCII NCHAR character set
> . importing SYSTEM's objects into SYSTEM
> IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1119:
> "CREATE TABLESPACE "GMTEMP_TS" DATAFILE '/muddle/oracle/sts/gmtemp01.dbf' S"
> "IZE 83886080 AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 2097152 MAXSIZE 83886080 DEFAULT S"
> "TORAGE(INITIAL 65536 NEXT 65536 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 2147483645 PCTINCRE"
> "ASE 0) ONLINE TEMPORARY "
> IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1119 encountered
> ORA-01119: error in creating database file '/muddle/oracle/sts/gmtemp01.dbf'
> ORA-27040: skgfrcre: create error, unable to create file

I am running Oracle 8.1.7 on my test machine, so the versions should match. I already ran headlong into the 8.1.7->8.1.6 exp/imp gotcha... :-)

Thanks again!
-Luke