Opinions for this storage parameters.

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:03:57 +0100

Morning Richard,

you wrote :

>> Now, EVERY object that lives in the tablespace has EXACTLY the same
sized
>> extents.

True, but then some silly b*gg*r goes and exports a table (or all of them) using the default COMPRESS=Y, drops them from the above tablespace and re-imports them. Not to get any perceived performance benefits of having all data in one extent (I know there are none !) but just because they wanted to. Now, your nicely set up tablespace has gone to hell and back.

The number of problems I'v had with this sort of thing, and being sent exports of databases where this has gone on has caused me no end of problems.

I love LMT with uniform sizes - what an absolute relief.

Cheers,
Norman.

PS. I'm just having a bit of a rant because I've hit the above problem and the bleeding import won't work because the constraints are being created with stupid values which exceed the available space in the tablespace etc etc.
:o(

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.