Re: Cannot drop user

From: Steve Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 05:44:50 -0500

When you enter the drop user command
query the v$session_wait view to see what it is waiting on.

We have seen cases where it will wait on a latch that another session refuses to give up. We have had to disconnect the other session before dropping the user. Rebuilding the database was not nexessary.

Stephen C. Ashmore
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration http://www.brainbench.com

Author of: 'So You Want to be an Oracle DBA?'

"Steven" <steven.pannell_at_gmx.net> wrote in message news:afu8pp$h6jm2$1_at_ID-82797.news.dfncis.de...
> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to drop a user from a oracle 8.1.6 database on solaris 2.7
> but when I attempt to do so I get an 'end of communication error'. The
user
> contains no objects (these were all removed with the cascade option).
There