switching to locally managed tablespaces

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 19:54:25 GMT

On the database that I am upgrading from 7.3.3 to 8.1.7 I just created DMTS's on the 8.1.7 instance then did my import. all went ok, but since there is no mad panic to get this into production I was thinking on blowing the tablespaces away, re creating the tablespaces as locally managed, then redoing the import.

Any particular gotcha's I should look out for here?

This DB is less than 4 gig, so I am not talking a huge database here.

Is this the best method?, or should I use the Oracle supplied package to convert the tablespaces from DMTS to LMTS instead?

TIA Received on Tue Jul 02 2002 - 14:54:25 CDT