Re: Import bug (one last word)

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:01:30 -0400

And which normal command would that be? The one that connects you to another user who's password you don't even know?

That sneak in method of saving the encrypted password, changing it, logging in, and changing it back to the encypted one, is a kludge at best. Hardly a normal operation. My point is that this ability is in IMP for one reason - to restore a database. Tablespace quotas aren't much different and IMHO the only reason they aren't overridden by IMP is because Oracle forgot to add that to the utility when quotas were introduced back in 7.x.