Re: Multiple Instances

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2002 10:09:35 -0700

In article <afsffj$7mb$1_at_fe2.cs.interbusiness.it>, "Simone says...

>Hi guys,
>
>I'm a newbie on Oracle.
>How to create multiple instances?
>Could you help me?
>Regards,
>Simone

To create multiple instances you need to be running Oracle Parallel Server (OPS)under Oracle8i or Real Application Clusters (RAC) under Oracle9i. However, I suspect that what you probably want to do is either create multiple databases or multiple schemas in one database. Tell us what you're trying to achieve, and we can tell you how to do it.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue Jul 02 2002 - 12:09:35 CDT