Re: ORACLE INCREASES COST OF ORACLE9i DBA CERTIFICATION

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:15:10 +0100

> > ORACLE INCREASES COST OF ORACLE9i DBA CERTIFICATION
> > New "Instructor-Led" Training Requirement Costs at Least US$1500
>
> I've read that reason for this is "increasing the level of quality of
> our certification skill and ability benchmarks". Sounds funny to me,

I'm not a fan of the 'have to have taken one course from 4 but we don't care which one' requirement that looks like a straightforward revenue increasing strategy to me. I am a fan of the 'Scenario based testing in all new Oracle Certified Professional track exams (as of January 2002).' change that has been made, that should increase the quality of OCP holders. Unless I don't know what I'm reading this message appears to have been on the education site since february 20002.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA