imp woes - ORA-22993 error during import

From: Dirk Gomez <usenet_at_dirkgomez.de>
Date: 02 Jul 2002 16:07:24 +0200

Version, OS: Oracle 8.1.7.0.0, Linux 2.2.14-SMP

I'm imp'ing a large file (~3.9 GB) from a Solaris file system via TNS to an instance that runs on a Linux box (ext2fs file system which cannot handle files > 2GB). I was given this large export file *after* the instance was shut down and deleted :-/

I run into this problem:

IMP-00058: ORACLE error 22993 encountered
ORA-22993: specified input amount is greater than actual source amount
IMP-00018: partial import of previous table completed: 19487 rows imported

Now I don't really understand what may cause this error - yes, I looked up the manual - what could be the problem here?

And how can I tell imp to just ignore this very row that wouldn't work. I'm working on a migration project and I can happily forget about some rows in the affected table. I just want to retrieve as many rows as possible.

cheers Dirk Received on Tue Jul 02 2002 - 09:07:24 CDT