Remove rows from a cursor?

From: Brian Brane <brian_brane_at_msn.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2002 05:54:11 -0700

I have a table that contains product prices and end dates as in:

1) product: A  price: .10  thru: Jan 15
2) product: A  price: .15  thru: Mar 20
3) product: A  price: .20  thru: Apr 30

I want to select all rows that contain prices for January. In this case, row 1 contains the price for Jan 1 to Jan 15. Row 2 contains the price for the remainder of January.

It seems the most efficient way to do this is to select all rows where THRU >= Jan 1 and then loop through the rows in a cursor and decide which rows are needed. My question is, how can I delete rows from the cursor that I don't need or create a new cursor of just the rows I want?

Thanks! Received on Tue Jul 02 2002 - 07:54:11 CDT