Re: Oracle Licensing

From: Mark <mark_at_umpuffa.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:17:38 +0200

To answer your questions:

> What is ASFU?

An ASFU is an "Application Specific Full Use" License. This is a restricted type of license sold by a Solution Provider in conjunction with its Application Package and may only be used by the end-user to execute the third party application program. ASFU licenses may not be used with more than one Application Package. So you can not to do development or use the database for any other applications.

> Is this likely to be a perpetual license?

Yes. normally, if not particularly mentioned on the agreement, it is an perpetual software license.

> We have approx 30 non system sessions running, but all under 1 username.
Does this require us to have 30 licenses or 1?

You require 30 Named User licenses. How the users connect to the database (direct / indirect) or how they identify themselves (via a generic name, one name or multiple names) is irrelevant. Oracle Named User licensing looks at the individuals (so people) for who it is possible to access to the software.