Import bug (one last word)

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:01:56 +0100

Chuck,

you wrote, regarding IMP being a special case and doing spacial things :

>> My argument on this is that it does
>> things that you normally can't do even as a DBA. It allows a DBA
doing a
>> full import to grant permissions on tables he does not own.

But my point, in my last post, was this :

IMP carries out a CONNECT to the user being imported. Then it does the grants to other users.

So the DBA user is NOT doing anything different at all.

Check it out, run an imp with indexfile=somefile.txt then edit the somefile.txt output.
You will see, a CONNECT USERNAME, where USERNAME is the one being imported.

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator