Re: db block size, too big wasting buffer?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: 1 Jul 2002 19:55:23 -0700

Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:<afq0gm02ggu_at_drn.newsguy.com>...

> snip
> doing it for performance reasons. Now, I (and many others too) thought this
> would be great from a performance perspective, but the testing that has been
> done both internally and by knowledgeable sorts of folk like Anjo Kolk has yet
> to show anything except very minor improvements by doing this.
> snip

Of course this could be construed as another element in the proof that block sizes are largely irrelevant in this day and age.

Other than merely as impedance matching between database, file system and storage devices.

Certainly not as performance enablers or even a major factor in that.

Cheers
Nuno Souto Received on Mon Jul 01 2002 - 21:55:23 CDT