Re: Starting Oracle server

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1 Jul 2002 15:55:04 -0700

In article <a2aa467b.0207011314.606e0b14_at_posting.google.com>, mckay_at_alphora.com says...

>Well the error is error number 0x8007041D or 2147943453 in decimal.
>It is Microsoft's error, The service failed to start due to the
>following error: The service did not respond to the start or control
>request in a timely fashion. Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for
>the service to connect.
>
>Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message
>>In article <a2aa467b.0207010940.4554f459_at_posting.google.com>, mckay_at_alphora.com
>> says...
>> >
>> >I was told to stop the services because I was installing an addon to
>> >Oracle, but now that the installation is finished, I can't restart the
>> >services. Anyh Ideas? I am running win XP, oracle 9i. Yes, I have
>> >tried rebooting.
>>
>>Yup. Look at the alert log to see what the error is, then report it here if you
>>can't resolve it from that yourself. Without an actual error, all we can do is
>> guess.
>>
>> HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements;

That sounds like it comes from the Microsoft event log, not the Oracle alert log. You need to find the Oracle alert log and check it for errors.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Mon Jul 01 2002 - 17:55:04 CDT