Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 23:08:30 GMT

Michael Austin wrote:

> Daniel Morgan wrote:
> >
> > Jonathan Scott wrote:
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > Either amount of RAM is sufficient to get Oracle installed and running.
> >
> > I'm still betting on semaphores and shared memory parameters not being set
> > properly.
> >
> > Daniel Morgan
>
> While 320Mb of memory "should" be enough to get it running, the
> last time I looked at the REQUIREMENTS for Linux, the minimum was
> 512MB. At least that is what my installation guide says... --
> and is why my 32MB Linux server doesn't have it installed.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Michael Austin OpenVMS User since June 1984
> First DBA Source, Inc. Registered Linux User #261163
> Sr. Consultant http://www.firstdbasource.com
>
> http://www.firstdbasource.com/donation.html
> 704-947-1089 (Office) 704-236-4377 (Mobile)

32MB is definitely too small. But 512MB is unnecessary. Nice but unnecesssary. Depending on what you are doing the initSID.ora parameters can be changed to save lots of memory such as dropping the Java Pool to 32K.

So back to shared memory and semaphores? Did you set them properly?

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Jul 01 2002 - 18:08:30 CDT