Re: Which Version is the best

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1 Jul 2002 11:37:15 -0700

In article <3D208939.BAA724A_at_exesolutions.com>, Daniel says...

>Christian Lang wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> we plan to upgrade our production Database from 7.3.4.5 to a newer Version.
>> Shall we go to 817 or is it better to upgrade to 9i. What did you think?
>>
>> thanks for your opinions
>> Christian Lang
>
>Go to 8.1.7. There are still some unresolved problems with 9.2.
>
>There will likely be patches soon and then 9i will be ready for prime time.
>
>My rule of thumb is ... When Oracle decides that a version is good enough for
>their own applications it is good enough for mine. If Oracle isn't willing to
>risk the 11i apps on 9i ... why should I risk mine?
>
>Daniel Morgan

SO you should be ready to risk them. We run our apps and our email server on the latest database release, generally before it gets to you, as a real proof point. We want to find the bugs before you do! ;)

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Mon Jul 01 2002 - 13:37:15 CDT