Re: Import bug

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 14:03:19 -0400

I believe this is a new 9i feature. The database in question here is 8i. Sorry for not making that clear before. Such an operation is illegal on all versions prior to 9i.

That said, I am shocked that such a gaping security hole would be intentionally programmed into 9i. Would I as a user want my highly sensitive data to be seen by eyes other than the DBA and those to whom I explicitly gave it too? I think not. My HR users don't even like DBAs being able to see that data let alone DBAs granting access to it to whomever they wish. Access to the users data should be controlled by the user. But that's a different thread to start some day.

--
Chuck