Re: 64K limit for stored procedures

From: Van Helleputte LUDO <ludo.van.helleputte_at_pandora.be>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:59:10 GMT

This is tool and version dependant, I'm not sure about limits in the database, but I know that with some 'older' Development tools there were limits that were easily met with complex code ...

I also remember a bug with procedure builder and Oracle 7.1, ... if you had a syntax error in the cursor definition (declare section), and closed the window, it would save the code up to the error, ask you wether you were sure to close and if you responded Yes, you LOST all the rest of the code of the procedure ...

ALWAYS keep backups of your source code in flat files so that you can easily re-create them ...