Re: Why does Oracle start another arc process?

From: Rick Anderson <Richard.Anderson_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 12:42:22 -0400

Starting with Oracle9iR2 (9.2.0.0), the log_archive_max_processes init.ora parameter *really* does limit the number of ARCH processes that will be spawned. Also, the default value for this parameter was changed to "2" (of course, you can dynamically change it smaller or larger as your system requirements dictate).

FYI. Rick