Re: whats going on

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 23:15:32 +1000

In article <SpYT8.25209$Hj3.77563_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, you said (and I quote):
> Mr Howard sir,
>
> Although Canberra doesn't have the cosmopolitan qualities of Sydney, I have
> you know we have our fair share of exciting activities here in sunny
> Canberra.
>
> Just last weekend for example we had the South Woden Bowling Club Bingo
> Night, the Chutney Appreciation Society Annual Awards Dinner, the ACT
> District Dual Sheep Shearing and Cow Milking Championships and an excellent
> exhibition of vintage lawn mowers. Note, all this on just one weekend !!
> Canberra is a happening place.
>
> Cheeky :)

Hehehe! Never fails! ¦)

But I must admit: if I lived in Canberra, there would be less of me here for sure. You folks have some of the best and most beautiful golf courses in Australia within 15 min drive from anywhere in the city. And some of the best supplies of rare and wonderful woods for people (like me) addicted to woodcarving and woodworking. There would be very little time for any of this on-line stuff...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto