Re: init.ora Oracle On Linux

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 10:04:34 +0200

Iain Wiseman wrote:

> I am using
>
> Redhat 7.2
> 500Mhz CPU
> 256M Memory
> More Diskspace than you can shake a stick at.
> Oracle 8.1.7
>
> Could someone provide me with the minimum init.ora, both in terms of CPU and
> disk I can get away with for just running sqlplus and create tables. This
> database will be for building against and nothing much else.
>
> I tried lowering all the numbers and the install fails because the redo logs
> are not sufficient to install catalog.sql or catproc.sql.

If you have more diskspace than I can shake a stick at, why do you try to use very small redo logs? If you use dbca to create your database, keep the standard settings, save the result to scripts, edit init.ora (use the # small settings) and create your database. Do not install Java, interMedia or stuff like that.

Regards,

Knut Received on Mon Jul 01 2002 - 03:04:34 CDT