Re: Error Messages 12509/12539/12533

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:04:31 +0200

On 30 Jun 2002 13:46:54 -0700, enivaldo_at_cptec.inpe.br (Enivaldo Freire) wrote:

>We have an Oracle 7.1.6.2 instance, with Sqlnet 2.1.6.1 listener.
>Local connections are OK, but remote connections get the message
>ORA-12509 (listener failed to redirect client to server handler).
>
>When trace was set to admin, the first remote connection was OK
>(for example with Sqlplus, we can query the database normally),
>but the subsequent ones got the same error. The messages were:
>
>TNS-12509: TNS:listener failed to redirect client to service handler
> TNS-12539: TNS:buffer over- or under-flow
> TNS-12533: TNS:illegal ADDRESS parameters
>
>When trace was set to user, the first TWO remote connections
>were OK, but again the subsequent ones got those error.
>This pattern seems to repeat!
>
>Apparently the configuration files are OK (tnsnames.ora,
>sqlnet.ora)
>
>Any information welcome.
>
>Enivaldo

Please stop repeating this question here or provide sufficient detail. Everyone who has ever been exposed to 7.1.6 is about to be retired and you know it.
That local connections work doesn't tell anything as in Oracle 7 they will automatically use the IPC protocol. From your error messages it looks like you have a lousy network.

Anyway, as the error documentation for 7.1 is not online anymore and apparently it is too much asked to include the full text for these error messages in your post, please do not expect any help.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Jun 30 2002 - 16:04:31 CDT