init.ora Oracle On Linux

From: Iain Wiseman <bibble_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 01:25:15 +1200

I am using

Redhat 7.2
500Mhz CPU
256M Memory
More Diskspace than you can shake a stick at. Oracle 8.1.7

Could someone provide me with the minimum init.ora, both in terms of CPU and disk I can get away with for just running sqlplus and create tables. This database will be for building against and nothing much else.

I tried lowering all the numbers and the install fails because the redo logs are not sufficient to install catalog.sql or catproc.sql.

I do not use any features after 7.3.3.

Many thanks,

Iain Received on Sun Jun 30 2002 - 08:25:15 CDT