Re: Oracle 9i tunning

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 11:07:07 +0100

Howard,

The 50MB boundary isn't too surprising if you check out Steve Adams' paper on sort_area_size.

Once the sort won't fit completely in memory, then the next local optimum operation is a single pass merge; and Steve's arithmetic shows that a 12GB sort can be done in a single pass with just 45MB of RAM.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminars