Oracle 8.1.7 DBA Studio Strange Behavior under Windows 2000

From: harry flash <leondobr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jun 2002 23:42:20 -0500

I just did a default install of Oracle 817 under Windows 2000. It is a Pentium 4 so I first renamed the two files that Oracle support wants you to do.

Set all Oracle Services to 'Manual' start. Stopped them. Started Oracle ORCL service then the Listener ORCL.

Then I tried to use DBA Studio. The intro window just sat there with an hourglass until I went into Task Manager and killed the jrew.exe process. Tried it again - this time it worked fine.

Can anyone tell me why this happens? Is there something else I need to do to prevent it? This sort of behavior makes me less trustful of using any other features. Received on Sat Jun 29 2002 - 23:42:20 CDT