PL/SQL Parameter arrays

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 30 Jun 2002 00:04:58 GMT

HP Unix 11
Oracle 8.1.7

I'm a relative newbie am trying to get a 2 returned arrays ( one is varchar and one is number) from a procedure call back into local variable types.

I've tried "typing" my variable using a PL/SQL table but it still gives me a type mismatch. Am I missing something? The code is below...

Note: sa prefix = String array

             na prefix = Number array

{Code}
/*---------------------------------------------
set serveroutput on size 1000000;
 declare

      type str_array is table of varchar2(255) index by binary_integer;
      type num_array is table of number(9) index by binary_integer;

      mycount number;
      sToEncode varchar2(200);
      sDictionary varchar2(200);
      nErrNum number;
      sErrMsg varchar2(200);
      nEncoderCount number;
      saEncoderType str_array;
      naRank num_array;
      naMatch num_array;
      saRetEncoder str_array;
      saTermInfo str_array;

begin
      sToEncode := 'test_stroke';
      sDictionary := test_dict1';

remote_pipe.pr_proc(sToEncode,
sDictionary,
nErrNum,
sErrMsg,
nEncoderCount,
saEncoderType,
naRank,
naMatch,
saRetEncoder,
saTermIfo);

exception

     when others then
     dbms_output.put_line(sqlerrm);

end;
/

TIA,
Cliff Received on Sat Jun 29 2002 - 19:04:58 CDT