Re: Runaway Thread on NT, How to kill such sessions on NT, Orakill no good

From: reza <reza_at_digital-dispatch.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 00:06:21 +0100

Hi Tom
Many thanks for the reply.
Task Manager as far as I know only shows the oracle Process and not its internal threads.
I you could be more clear about "Show processes for all users" option, I will appreciate. I can't see such option intask manager. However if you mean to Kill the process of "Oracle.exe", this is equivalant to crashing the Oracle, which I want to avoid. As you know, Oracle process has many internal Threads on NT, and I am interested to kill aspecific one of them. As I mentioned Orakill has been provided by Oracle for this job, but it only can kill those threads which are a valid session with an entry in V$process.

Thanks again
Reaz