Re: Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.1) + Redhat Linux 7.2 = Cannot create tablespace file > 2 gb

From: Joe Salmeri <JoeSalmeri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 05:45:14 GMT

"Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message news:afjdvd$kl0$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Mmmm. However, professionalism is in the eye of the beholder.
>
> Consider these choice quotes:
>
> "I don't just blindly post requests for help until I have exhausted all
> other
> possibilities." Swiftly followed by " I have pulled out the B&R guide
> because you
> are correct it has been quite a while."

Totally out of context. There is no relationship between the two comments at all. The original comment was made because I had searched for several days for an answer to my original question (which has really never been answered BTW) and was basically told to do a Google search (my first step in the research).

The second was made regarding a topic that really has nothing to do with the original question. Of the 3 available backup options, I don't use the one that you commonly use, I have always used the other two.

> "The backup you suggest is worthless to me."

I see nothing wrong with saying that I do not see the value in the suggestion made. All that means is that I do not see or understand what value it provides.

> "In your mind."

I don't see anything wrong with having a different opinion than someone else. It was even made in response to message that did not agree with my opinion.

> I won't point out who made all these prime comments, nor what the context
of
> each was. You know who you are, and can read a thread.

Try as you may I will not stoop to your low level and quote all of the arrogant comments you have made. It's just not worth wasting my time. Received on Sat Jun 29 2002 - 00:45:14 CDT