Re: Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.1) + Redhat Linux 7.2 = Cannot create tablespace file > 2 gb

From: Joe Salmeri <JoeSalmeri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 04:26:46 GMT

Sean,

Thanks for your professionalism and proper courtesy in responding it is very much appreciated.

Of the 3 backup options available (cold, hot, export) I have always been fortunate in being able to do a cold
backup as the primary backup and an export as the fallback option, therefore I have not really had the need or
opportunity to work with the hot backup options. I'm sure that is not the norm, but I always had the luxury of
taking the database down at night for a full backup and it certainly is alot simplier to manage that way.

Regards,

Joe