Re: Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.1) + Redhat Linux 7.2 = Cannot create tablespace file > 2 gb

From: Sean M <smckeown_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 04:09:46 GMT

Joe Salmeri wrote:

> Thanks for the explaination. I have pulled out the B&R guide because you
> are correct it has been quite a while.

Great, and I hope you don't feel like we were trying to chase you off the group - it's just that B&R is a serious subject, and one of the least forgiving of mistakes. You want to make sure you "get it" before you do it for real. You can screw up all kinds of things in Oracle, but if you have a reliable backup, you're still OK. Without the backup... scary.

Regards,
Sean M Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 23:09:46 CDT