Re: Oracle Home Problem

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:01:04 GMT

Salaam Yitbarek wrote:

> I just re-installed Oracle client and cannot connect to the databases.
> tnsping to the machine works, but to the resident databases does not.
>
> -----
> C:\>tnsping CORPRDB
>
> TNS Ping Utility for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on
> 28-JUN-20
> 02 16:32:29
>
> (c) Copyright 1997 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
> TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name
> -----
>
> The tnsnames.ora is correct (same as before). I suspect it's a problem
> with my Oracle home, even though I only have one. I don't think it's
> getting to the tnsnames.ora.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Salaam

The following is the only suggestion on metalink:

Check the INIT.ORA and the LISTENER.ORA files to make sure that the cases match.

I don't see how it could relate to the client but give it a try. You might want to peer into the registry and see how things are set but if you are not familiar with it don't touch.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 16:01:04 CDT