Re: Import bug

From: s.kapitza <skapitza_at_volcanomail.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2002 13:48:19 -0700

hi chuck,

   the user has currently no right to create tables in the    database (he had once, but someone decided to revoke)    so the import dont want create objects as this is    the CURRENT state in the database.
   If the user could create tables with import he could    create any table with exporting and importing.

   If Imp is invoked by the DBA and imp should ignore    the qota then this means that the DBA have to know that    there is a rule which he overrides. For people like me    its better to get rememberd that there is an operation    that conflicts with a rule.

   if i remberer dumps are called inconsitent, so if you want    a "copy" of a database you need a cold backup.

just an opinion (mental errors included)

s.k.