Oracle Home Problem

From: Salaam Yitbarek <yitbsal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Jun 2002 13:37:11 -0700

I just re-installed Oracle client and cannot connect to the databases. tnsping to the machine works, but to the resident databases does not.

C:\>tnsping CORPRDB

TNS Ping Utility for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on 28-JUN-20
02 16:32:29

(c) Copyright 1997 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

TNS-03505: Failed to resolve name

The tnsnames.ora is correct (same as before). I suspect it's a problem with my Oracle home, even though I only have one. I don't think it's getting to the tnsnames.ora.

Any suggestions?

Salaam Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 15:37:11 CDT