Re: Import bug

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:20:25 +0200

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:57:41 -0400, "Chuck" <chuckh_at_softhome.net> wrote:

>"Knut Talman" <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote in message
>> Chuck wrote:
>> >
>> > "Knut Talman" <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote in message

>tell
>> > me if
>any
>the
>you
>> > still

>> > messages?
>> >
>> > IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1536:
>> > "CREATE TABLE "PSDBOWNER" ("DBNAME" VARCHAR2(8) NOT NULL ENABLE,
>"OWNERID"
>> > V"
>> > "ARCHAR2(8) NOT NULL ENABLE) PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 40 INITRANS 1 MAXTRANS
>255
>> > "
>> > "LOGGING STORAGE(INITIAL 16384 NEXT 8192 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS
>2147483645
>> > "
>> > "PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT)
>> > "
>> > " "
>> > IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1536 encountered
>> > ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'USERS'
>>
>> What happens if you execute the statement directly in SQL*Plus when
>connected as
>> the user? Did you try to explicitly remove any quota?
>
>In sqlplus it fails because use PS (the owner of the PSDBOWNER table) has 0
>quota on the tablespace. Even if attempred as a DBA user. My point is that
>if this is the way import works, it's unreliable is a tool for restoring a
>database. The database if recreated is left missing objects that were in the
>database when it was exported.

Apparently your procedures are relying on the unlimited tablespace privilege and you didn't recreate the user with appropiate privileges. Instead of sorting that out you immediately resort to gross and exaggerated statements. There are millions of people that *can* work with import without any problem. Doesn't that tell you anything?

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 12:20:25 CDT