Re: Import bug

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:57:41 -0400

"Knut Talman" <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote in message news:3D1C8527.59974CC4_at_mytoys.de...
> Chuck wrote:
> >
> > "Knut Talman" <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote in message

> > me if
> > still
> > >
> > > The user has *no* quota and his tables can't be imported? Which error
> > messages?
> >
> > IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1536:
> > "CREATE TABLE "PSDBOWNER" ("DBNAME" VARCHAR2(8) NOT NULL ENABLE,
"OWNERID"
> > V"
> > "ARCHAR2(8) NOT NULL ENABLE) PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 40 INITRANS 1 MAXTRANS
255
> > "
> > "LOGGING STORAGE(INITIAL 16384 NEXT 8192 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS
2147483645
> > "
> > "PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT)
> > "
> > " "
> > IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1536 encountered
> > ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'USERS'
>
> What happens if you execute the statement directly in SQL*Plus when
connected as
> the user? Did you try to explicitly remove any quota?

In sqlplus it fails because use PS (the owner of the PSDBOWNER table) has 0 quota on the tablespace. Even if attempred as a DBA user. My point is that if this is the way import works, it's unreliable is a tool for restoring a database. The database if recreated is left missing objects that were in the database when it was exported. Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 10:57:41 CDT