Re: Help! Oracle server clustering

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:08:05 -0400

"Saikat Chakraborty" <saikatchak_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2c24cdd695a0172b417e6aea2c72dd1f.16981_at_mygate.mailgate.org...
> Howard,

[snipped]
> Adding a datafile is a problem. It stops the recovery process from
> happening. You need to *cold* copy the datafile from primary
> to standby and add it to your standby database by the command
> ALTER DATABASE CREATE DATAFILE '<datafile name>' AS '<datafile name>';
> After that, recovery can proceed as normal.

Not true. I routinely add datafiles to my standby by a hot backup. I put the tablespace into backup mode, ftp the new file to the standby, then take the tablespace out of backup mode. This has never caused a problem on the standby in versions 8.1.5 or 8.1.7. Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 08:08:05 CDT