Re: Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0.1) + Redhat Linux 7.2 = Cannot create tablespace file > 2 gb

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:56:09 +0200

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> I think Howards point wasn't that you might never want files greater than
> 2gb , but that you would not want DATAfiles greater than 2gb in size.

I know, I just wanted to add some real life experience about the 2GB filesize limit (my datafiles are all 2000M). Even on 64 bit machines I tend to use less than 2GB. I still can remember the bug in 8.0.5 on Solaris when a file was larger than 2GB. The block which was at the 2GB position was corrupt. Not always but often.

Regards,

Knut Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 05:56:09 CDT